Sunday, February 28, 2010

Getty Center

I meant to post something about my memorable weekend February 13-14th a while back, but I am just getting to it now. Both of those days I had the amazing opportunity to perform at the Getty Center. I performed with an awesome group of musicians and we provided music for my sister's dance performance. Believe it or not, I have never even stepped foot near the Getty Center till that day even though I have lived in LA my whole life. It is such an incredible place, especially the theater they have there. Although it isn't too big, it has such a nice environment and great acoustics. Usually they put on concerts regularly but this was the first time they featured Indian Music and Dance.
My sister, Mythili Prakash, is a pretty well known Indian Classical Dancer and the Getty had asked her to put on a show based on the theme of Love since it was Valentines Day weekend. So she chose to represent the "Season's of Love", the different emotions that come with each season such as Fall, Winter, etc. I had worked on composing some of the music for this show so it was great to hear and perform my own compositions. Both shows were sold out on both days and people really enjoyed the show.
I felt very fortunate to add the Getty Center to the list of prestigious venues I have performed at. Plus, what an amazing view of Los Angeles from the top of that hill.

1 comment:

  1. My wife used to work at the Getty. Not sure which venue you performed in, but great acoustics, yes. I've seen a ton of performances there and also love it. And it is truly a magical place .... those views!!

    ReplyDelete